In this episode, we discuss with Massimo Curatella about our need as designers to understand & explain complex topics to enable collaboration while complexity cannot be reduced or simplified by definition.
- 0:00:00 Intro
- 0:01:05 Massimo’s self-introduction & topic
- 0:03:46 Easing the learn/act (thinking/doing) tension
- 0:05:39 A good designer is also a leader
- 0:10:25 Making complexity actionable
- 0:14:38 Sensing & changing a company’s culture
- 0:22:31 The need for persuasion
- 0:24:52 Becoming agent of change & collective intelligence
- 0:29:24 Overcoming the space-for-action barrier through complexity
- 0:39:15 Leading through uncertainty
- 0:51:14 The link between critical, systems, and design thinking
- 0:55:04 Is “metacognition” or “metathinking” undervalued in design?
- 1:01:15 Conclusion
👉 Massimo Curatella is a Senior Strategic Designer, aiming at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions.
- Website: https://curatella.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/maxcuratella
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimocuratella/
Find out Massimo's article about our discussion:
👉 Kevin Richard is a senior Designer & editor of “Design & Critical Thinking” through which he tries to popularize design and shares his thoughts.
- Website: https://www.kevinrichard.ch/
- Medium: https://medium.com/human-centered-thinking-switzerland
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KevinRichard_CH
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kvrichard/
- “Skydive” by Loxbeats
- “Underground Stars” by Loxbeats
- “Anything” by Soyb & Amine Maxwell
- “You & I” by Amine Maxwell & Soyb