Table of content
- Introduction & Leadership style
- Example 1 - Leading a product
- Example 2 - Community leadership
- Example 3 - UX lead
Introduction & Leadership Style
Want to know about my leadership style? Here's what I think it is.
- Value trust, open discussions, and collaboration.
- Stay close to what people do, building shared understanding.
- Support over control.
Example 1 – Leading a product
- Had to take over the lead of new product;
- Managed dev teams & stakeholders in short development-test-adjust cycles;
- Fully relied on team members expertise and listened to their remarks, while making decisions on how to orient the product (features, roadmap, etc.).
Example 2 – Community leadership
- Developed & lead a fully online, international community;
- Built a "core team" of diverse people;
- Lead decisions in a participatory and collaborative setup.
Example 3 – UX lead
- Had to onboard a new UX designer on a project;
- Coached &. supported this person into her role;
- The person didn't fit the expectations and together with my manager, we had to take the difficult decision to end her contract.
Bonus: Innovation initiative
Why bonus? Well, I thought I would be shorter on this one –obviously not. However, this example brings together my experience, skills, and knowledge in an interesting & challenging way. The context is broad and although I don't have a team under my responsibility, I have the responsibility to bring together various people, align them and advance key aspects of the initiative.
- Helped in the innovation initiative for the IT platform
- Facilitated the co-creation of the long-term vision & strategy
- Lead some key aspects to support the strategic development based on people's needs, goals, and objectives.
Thanks for watching!
Hope this helps you better understand what I can bring to the company & team 🙏
Looking forward to hearing from you!